MA Counseling, M Divinity, Doctoral Candidate Organizational Leadership
God First, Family Second, Self Last
Monte makes no excuses for who he has been, only dedicating the rest of his life to putting God first, his family, including his church family and extended family, second, and his self last. While this has made for a difficult life, the rewards have been well worth the effort.
Monte’s Critical Data
- BA International Studies (East Asia) – Willamette University, Salem, OR – 1993
- Minor in Computer Science
- MA Counseling – Colorado Christian University, Lakewood, CO – 2011
- Internship: Harvest Farm, a subsidiary of Denver Rescue Mission and men’s addiction recovery program
- M Divinity – Grand Canyon University, Phoenix, AZ – 2018
- Doctoral Candidate – Organizational Leadership – Grand Canyon University, Phoenix, AZ
- MCP Windows NT4
- Tri-Beta Biological Honor Society – Fort Lewis College – 2002
- American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC)
Working On through AACC:
- Life Coaching Certification
- EMDR Certification
- Marriage and Family Certification
WFL Jobs and Experience
- Information Technologies
- 1999-2000 – Backup Operator/Y2K Upgrade Specialist – Southwest Memorial Hospital, Cortez, Colorado
- 2000-2002 – Teir 2 Tech Support – Fone.Net, Cortez, Colorado
- 2003-2007 – Research Technician – Schmidt Lab, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Colorado at Boulder.
- Present – Tech for all WFL work, including computer builds and purchasing, networking, and security.
- Office Assistant
- Web Designer
Since 2015, Monte has tried to make a go of making a living podcasting. This has settled in 2020 into a monthly series of Sermons, Family Talk, and Family-Friendly Fun video and audio webcasts with more to come.
Second to come has been starting voiceover recording work. While slower than podcasting, Monte has found it rewarding and now, with the new ADA guidelines regarding websites, you may hear his voice on this website soon.
Podcasting aside and in keeping with the “God First” philosophy, Monte is working on building a virtual church based on the experiences of the pandemic of 2020. ETA: Unknown.
A Family/Office Partnership
A subsidiary of Dirt ‘N’ Nails Farms Inc. (501c3), Rohi Therapy was started in 2019 to restart Monte’s counseling practice after a couple of years off for paternity leave. It fills a space in the Northglenn office, serving those needing affordable counseling services and is partnered with Freya’s biological grandmother, Katherine Edgar, LPC.
Monte and Rebecca have started down the road of offering something considered unusual, collaborative divorce assistance, a way of keeping divorce civil for, in their minds, the sake of the children. Monte will act as a coordinator and family counselor.
Time keeps moving forward and Monte and Rebecca are moving to Cortez. This has meant doing construction in the preschool building Rebecca’s mother runs to support office space and sub-scheduling family and moving time. He is also working on church planting and planning a children’s foster home ranch.